No one was injured in a house fire that broke out on Schieffer Rd in Colton at approximately 8:55 p.m. Thursday.
On arrival, crews from the Colton Fire District found a two-story residence with smoke coming from the roof and second floor. A second alarm was sounded, bringing additional resources, including multiple units from Clackamas County Fire District, Molalla Fire District, Canby Fire District and Estacada Fire District.
Firefighters evacuated a single male occupant and contained the fire to the roof and attic. The cause is still under investigation but is believed to have started near the chimney.
The Colton Fire District encourages the community to have your chimney cleaned and inspected annually. The Colton Fire District provides chimney brushes for the public to borrow, which are located at the main fire station.
The Canby Now Podcast is dedicated to the radical idea that news is not a product and should be free for all. Ironically, for this model to survive, we do need the (voluntary) support of our community. Find out more about how you can help sustain the work of the Canby Now Podcast for as little as $1 a month at canbynowpod.com/support. Thanks!