On Tuesday, Feb. 19 the Board of County Commissioners will hold a listening session in Canby to hear community feedback on how to reduce the funding gap for operating the ferry.
After hearing strong opposition from the public at the Jan. 15 public meeting where study findings were presented, the board decided to remove the bridge option but stressed that a sustainable funding strategy is needed to keep the ferry in operation. Currently, running the ferry costs the county approximately $400,000 a year.
Public involvement opportunities
If you weren’t able to attend previous meetings, you still have options for your voice to be heard.
- Send comments or questions to Project Manager Steve Williams by email to email@example.com or by mail or drop-off at Development Services Building 3rd Floor, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City, OR 97045.
- Attend the Board of Commissioners Public Listening Session on Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. at the Canby Foursquare Church, 2350 SE Territorial Road, Canby
- The public will have an opportunity to comment and ask questions directly of County Commissioners at a public meeting in Canby Feb. 19.
- The final report, including findings and public input, will be presented to the Board on March 12. At that time, the board will have the option to provide direction to staff on whether to take any additional action.
Details of the upcoming meetings are listed below. For more information about the feasibility study, please visit www.bit.ly/canbyferryoptions. We also encourage you to share this information with neighbors and friends who you think might be interested. Thank you for your interest in this important project.
Board of Commissioners Public Listening Session
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019
- 6-8 p.m.
- Canby Foursquare Church: 2350 SE Territorial Road, Canby (map)
- Public encouraged to attend, comment and ask questions
Board of Commissioners Policy Session
- Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Board Hearing Room: 2051 Kaen Road, Oregon City (map)
- Public welcome to attend to listen
Want to support free, useful, locally produced journalism like this? Then consider joining our monthly membership program, Canby Now Plus, for as little as $1 a month! You’ll help us sustain and expand our work, plus you can get access to exclusive content, cool merchandise and other goodies. Thanks!